13:08 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
and with YEAR 1
Year 4 in a picture to send their Irish penpals
Honorable Mentions for Jack O´Lanters
2nd Prize, cut with a knife
3rd Prize, a bit weird, isn´t?
1st Prize, a perfect Minion!!!
Honorable Mentions for spooky cakes
1st Prize, with a haunted house included
Thank you so much for your collaboration!!!!!
12:07 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
This time we went to Vialia where we could watch five shorts. All of them in English.
"I want to be a pilot" about the poor and hard life many children have in countries like Kenya in Africa. Watching this makes us think about how lucky we all are.
"The Monster of Nix" is an imaginative story about an idyllic fairytale village where there is a monster, Willy, the protagonist has to fight with. It runs wild your imagination.
"Tall Tales" is about why children should be quiet on trains.
"Moulton OG MEJ." a seven year old girl living with three sisters in an alternative family in Norway. The three sisters long for a bicycle and at the end, they get it.
"Fear of Flying" a bird with a fear of heights tries to avoid heading South for the winter. At the end, we have to be strong to get our aims.
Well done guys!! Perfect behaviour!!!!
8:54 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
Everybody happy after watching very interesting shorts. Titles, such as "Touch in Silence", where sensibility is the protagonist."Another way", where respect should be a key thing. "Con la Boca Cerrada", very close to daily family problems and teenagers. "El Abrazo" with an unexpected ending. "Una cuestión de etiqueta" showing social networks changing our perspectives, even in front of death.
Topics from a corrupted political system to drugs effects, and also a new type of sham or fraude. All of them made us feel something from disgust to empathy!!!!
Thank you Abycine once again!!!!!!
13:45 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
How to make a Jack o' Lantern
1. Buy a big, orange pumpkin
2. Cut off the top of the pumpkin
3. Now scoop out(empty using a spoon) all the flesh(inside of the pumpkin)
4. With a pen, draw the eyes, nose and mouth on the pumpkin
5. With a knife, make the eyes, nose and mouth. Be careful!
6. Put a candle or a small torch inside the pumpkin
7. Put the jack o'lantern in front of a window, or on your terrace
Now, let your imagination run wild!!!!!
13:10 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
Halloween Ghost PretzelsMakes: 20 pretzels
- Pretzel sticks — about 20
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- 10 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Microwave the white chocolate chips for 1 minute on half power, stir and heat for 10 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip the pretzels and lay on parchment paper or stick into a bowl filled with grains or rice to keep upright. Allow to cool and harden.
- Heat the semi-sweet chocolate chips for 10 second on half power, stir and heat again for 5 second or until melted and smooth. Using a toothpick, dip into melted chocolate and form eyes and a mouth. Let harden and serve.
PLAIN cupcakes RECIPE
· 125g butter, softened
· 125g self-raising flour
· 2 tbsp milk(table spoon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180º C. Beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, flour and milk to the bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth.
2. Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the centre of the oven until the cakes have risen and are just firm to the touch in the centre. The standard-size cakes will take about 12 to 15 minutes and the mini cakes will take 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Remove the cakes from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe from by Sue McMahon. New Holland Publishers
Now it´s your turn to add your final touch!!!!
Here you have some examples
12:27 | Publicado por Julia Rodriguez | Editar entrada
The Audience was ready and eager to watch the performance
to get back the manuscript where William wrote about her family story without her permission.
Edmund planning how to convince Lady Macbeth not to destroy the manuscript of Macbeth. At the end, L.M. will be part of the performance-part of the deal- and the theatres will be reopened by the king, James I, who was disguised as a peasant in the audience and loved the play.
Our three brave volunteers to roleplay as three witches; Claudia, Ariadna and Helena.
What a shame we couldn´t hear you!!!
We enjoyed a lot!!! It was a pity the micros didn´t work properly!!
- 3ºESO Secciones E. (1)
- A Midsummer Night´s Dream Theater play (1)
- Activities (1)
- activity (42)
- Book Day Contest (1)
- Book Day Recommendations (1)
- Christmas 09 (1)
- Christmas Carol Festival 2009 (1)
- Christmas Carol Music (1)
- Christmas Carol Pics (1)
- Christmas Concert 2010 (1)
- Christmas Play 2009 (1)
- Cops and Robbers (1)
- Don Quixote (1)
- Don Quixote of La Mancha 2011 (1)
- Ellie´s Birthday (1)
- English Cultural Week (1)
- English Cultural Week Programme (1)
- Europe Day May 9 (1)
- European Day of Languages (1)
- George Green School Visit (1)
- Guy Fawkes´ Competition (1)
- Guy Fawkes´ Contest (1)
- Guy Fawkes´ Day (1)
- Guy Fawkes´ Effigy (1)
- Halloween (1)
- Halloween contest (1)
- Halloween Cookies 2010 (1)
- Halloween Judges (1)
- Halloween Judges 2010 (1)
- Halloween Pumpkins 2010 (1)
- Length (1)
- March 15th (1)
- Oxford (1)
- Photo (1)
- Pollution (1)
- Posters (1)
- Posters Contest (1)
- School Exchange Sabuco-Valentine (1)
- September (1)
- Sharing wishes (1)
- Sportive and Cultural Gymkhana 2009-2010 (1)
- St Patrick´s Day (1)
- Thanksgiving Gymkhana (1)
- Thanksgiving Gymkhana Final Contestants 2009 (1)
- Thanksgiving Lecture (2)
- the Hound of the Baskervilles (1)
- The Lone Ranger (1)
- The Lost World performance (1)
- The Time Machine (1)
- Theatre play (4)
- US Cultural Week (1)
- Weight (1)
Archivo del blog
- ► 2016 (28)
- ▼ octubre (6)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2010 (21)